Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good morning...

I've been a little slack with this blog of late... sorry.

Slack...? Well no, it's probably better to say that I've been preoccupied with other matters of import.

Over the weekend I shifted house... which in reality is one of the final phases of shifting my life.

Shifting my life... changing my address... can't find me at my old address any more... whichever way you put it, means my location in both the cosmos and the metaphysical has changed. I must remember to tell Australia Post and God of my new address. You know, they need to know where to send the mail and the Grim Reaper as they come through the system.

I didn't use removalists... I largely did it on my own with the help of one of my sons for the heavy stuff. One shouldn't move heavy furniture on ones own... espacially a refrigerator on a trolly up two steps into the new kitchen or you just might find yourself on the floor under the whole lot.


(Not actual incident, but shows pretty much what happened and that's all I'm going to say about that.)


I have however had help with the other heavy stuff... you know, the life moving stuff. Changing ones address is one thing, but changing ones life is a whole different exercise and not to be done on ones own.


I've been working on the life changes now for quite some time and of late I've had the assistance, care and support of what's turned out to be the best removalist I could have ever engaged.

Butch

Thank you darling for taking a hold of the heavy stuff and sharing the load as I shifted my life. I'm forever in your debt, honey.


So... once again I'm sorry for not being here.


I only came here now just to say...

"Good morning but I have nothing to say".



Which lead me to having this song go through my mind on a continuous loop... in particular the line "I've got nothing to say but it's okay."


Good morning, good morning...
Nothing to do to save his life call his wife in
Nothing to say but what a day how's your boy been
Nothing to do it's up to you
I've got nothing to say but it's O.K.
Good morning, good morning...
Going to work don't want to go feeling low down
Heading for home you start to roam then you're in town
Everybody knows there's nothing doing
Everything is closed it's like a ruin
Everyone you see is half asleep.
And you're on your own you're in the street
After a while you start to smile now you feel cool.
Then you decide to take a walk by the old school.
Nothing has changed it's still the same
I've got nothing to say but it's O.K.
Good morning, good morning...
People running round it's five o'clock.
Everywhere in town is getting dark.
Everyone you see is full of life.
It's time for tea and meet the wife.
Somebody needs to know the time, glad that I'm here.
Watching the skirts you start to flirt now you're in gear.
Go to a show you hope she goes.
I've got nothing to say but it's O.K.
Good morning, good morning...

Beatles.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived the fridge incident. Wishing you much happiness in your new abode!

Anonymous said...

For the love of Pete, Bear....what were you thinking trying to move a fridge on your own. I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

I'm so glad that all the big changes in your life are working out for the best and that you had someone like Butch to help share the load. You know what they say...a problem shared is a problem halved....or something like that.

I hope your new place sees the dawn of a new era for you.

groovyoldlady said...

I frequently move large pieces of furniture by myself just to surprise Mulletman with my prowess at redecorating. I also usually surprise him with all the chiropractor bills...

I knew there were some serious changes going on. I've been wondering, but not asking. I've been praying for you. God has so much for you than "the grim reaper".

(((((Bear)))))

Bear said...

Selma:
Forever to be known as The Fridge Incident of 09.

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Selma, and for always leaving lovely comments despite the comments I leave you. :)



Romany Angel:
Now that's spooky. You've said, almost word for word, what Butch had to say about it. (I've wondered this before... you two weren't separated at birth were you?)

Thank you Angel, and you're right... I wouldn't have survived these life changes without Butch by my side.



Groovy:
Oh poor MM... my thoughts have always gone out to him.

As it is in Matthew 8(?), you extend your hand to this bear of little faith, and I'm truly touched by it Groovy.

Big hugs back to you.