Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Burnt out...

We must learn from this tragedy.




A respectful retreat.

I'm not being insensitive or unaffected, I do have family that have lost everything and barely escaped with their lives, my sister's region is still burning and thankfully they are out of harm's way for now. It's just that things are happening on the internet, in blogs and blog comments and in the general media that are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

My dear friend Angel, has this post that sums up, in words that I don't normally use but are quite appropriate in this case, the kind of thing that I'm talking about. What is it with some people?

But my pet peeve is the way that a TV 'current events' show, that essentially consists of an anchor person at a desk introducing stories submitted by 'journalists' and throwing to add breaks in between... sets itself up 'on the spot' and becomes a TV 'current events' show, that essentially consists of an anchor person standing in front of a tree (a burnt one if possible) introducing stories submitted by 'journalists' and throwing to add breaks in between...

Can someone please explain how standing there with ingenuous concerned looks on their faces makes it all that much more credible? Which of course allows them to dissect and give opinions on everything that they know nothing on. Now they're experts because they have a hat and safety vest on? Please, even this bear of little brain is smarter than that.

It's time for me to move on...



I'm not leaving the devastated victims behind, they will not be out of my heart and thoughts, they will still be of great concern to me... but I will be making this my last post on the subject.


I hope you understand.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Bear. Yes the words were perhaps more colourful than I would normally use but I was incensed and outraged at the insensitiviy of such pompous people. Sometimes you just have to let loose in order to let go.

I agree we should all move on now. It doesn't mean these poor souls will be forgotten...I couldn't forget them if I wanted to...it's just that it's now reached saturation point.

I'm very glad to hear that your sister is safe too.

groovyoldlady said...

Had to take my Mom to the doc today. While she was in the office, I sat in the waiting room watching one of those stupid news stations that just rerun the same news over and over and over. My mom was in with the doc for long that I got to hear about the Australian fires 4 times. Each time the report was less than 45 seconds. Each time the reporter said, "Oh my! Just look at those pictures!" And each time she jumped into the next report without losing a beat: from death and destruction in Oz to runway fashions or a baseball player who took steroids umpteen years ago.

It made me so sad...such insensitivity.