Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting a breast of things...


I was shopping for a bed recently, a futon style to be exact,
and it was the weirdest shopping experience I can ever
remember having.

I had done my comparative shopping, you know, been to various
outlets and looked at styles, prices and quality. I found one place
that called itself a futon factory, however I could see that they
assembled them rather than made them, but they had one bed
in particular that I liked.

I continued on my price quest and a week or so later I went back to
the preferred outlet to make my purchase. The owner, the guy that
I had spoken to on my previous visit, wasn't there but his
Sister-In-Law was. This was a family business. Anyway, I
walked in to the showroom and made it known to the lady of
about mid to late 40s, what it was I was looking to buy.

Now I have noticed in the past that some people, and in particular,
women, will sometimes place their hand at the nape of their neck or
the top of their chest as they talk to you as perhaps a subconscious
gesture of sincerity.



This kind of hand placement doesn't tend to stand out as
being unusual and quite often we don't really notice it. It
must register subconsciously with us, but that's usually it.
On this particular day, with this particular woman, her
particular hand placement made me quite uncomfortable.
I couldn't believe what she was doing... it distracted
me a little and intrigued me a lot.

She cupped her breasts... with both hands no less.


That's right, just like the pic above... (not actual photo of actual
woman doing actual breast thing)

And she didn't just do it once as if she'd forgotten where she was and
absent-mindedly put each hand fully over each breast... and I mean
she actually had a hold of those things... she did it numerous times.

What was happening...? Was I seeing what I thought I was seeing...?
Was my mind playing tricks on me? Where's the hidden camera?

Well she just kept on grabbing her boobs every time she made a
statement. I could see by her stance and the rest of her body
language that this gesture was in support of a general
demeanour of sincerity... she was being genuine about what
she was saying... speaking openly and honestly.
You know, 'hand on heart'... wait a minute, maybe she
had two hearts. Nah that's silly.

In a past life I worked in top end furniture sales, I know all the tricks
of the trade and how customers can be 'seduced' by a golden tongued
sales Bear person to part with their hard earned cash to make a
purchase whether the customer wanted the item or not.
But I'm way to smart a Bear to fall for any such tricks.

So I made my purchase, arranged for delivery and got out of
there quick smart.

The delivery came about a week later, my bed is assembled and
working fine, and I am quite happy with the result. Except for
one little thing... for some unknown reason I signed a sales
docket for TEN beds... of which I now have nine to dispose
of... not looking for a good futon going cheap are you...
hmm?

4 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Sounds like a deal to grab onto!

Heh-heh-heh

Anonymous said...

I'm really not sure if you're having a lend of us or if this really happened but if it did I'd say she was trying to sell you more than a bed. Watch out Butch...someone might be after your Bear ;)

The Java Junkie said...

The old cupping the breasts scam, eh? Funny post, Bear!

Bear said...

Groovy:
Ha-ha-ha, Groovy, you really do crack me up sometimes.



Angel:
Why is it that you and Butch always treat what I say with an element of scepticism...? This really did happen, Angel, and it was so surreal... and you know what else? I've had a very strong urge to go back and buy a pillow. Tehe.



Java:
I wonder, would it work with man boobs do you think?