Sunday, January 4, 2009

Skin...

I visited a new visitor's blog today and followed a link from there to another blog called...

One Single Impression

If I have it right, one gets a subject to use as inspiration to write a poem, preferably using the term in the poem... I guess. Then go back to enter a link to the poem for others to come and read it.

Anyway I thought I'd give it a go. This week's word is;

SKIN


‘s kin



I know the face
The colour, the shape
In this strange place
With her mouth agape

Who do I see
It’s one that I know
Coming toward me
Recognition must show

We reach out to greet
We take an embrace
"It is you that I seek
With your charm and grace"

I fail to talk
Have I lost my voice
Perhaps I’ll walk
I still have the choice

Where’s my patter
No nerve to begin
It should not matter
Because it(’s kin)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the way you played on the word s kin. Wonderful!

Welcome to OSI!

frenzied entropies

And please do visit the Poetry Train being run each Monday!

Beth P. said...

Dear Bear--
You've got it 'right'! This is how it works for OSI--

GREAT work--I loved your play with s'kin...and the skin that obviously share!

Bravo--

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Like a soft kiss ...

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you at OSI! Enjoyed your poem - the emotions and the visual play on words and punctuation at the end!

spacedlaw said...

Good that you came along to play.
I love your poem, it feels a little like a shy tango.

Bear said...

All:
Thank you so much for making me feel welcomed.

Although I have visited some of you, I will now visit and comment.

Cheers.

SandyCarlson said...

I love it! So well done, and such a delightful and personal play on the word. Thanks for joining in. I hope you'll be an OSI regular!

Karen said...

Well done little Bear. You seem to be a man of many talents.

Anonymous said...

What great wordplay. Welcome to OSI and I hope you return.

Janna said...

What a neat idea!

floreta said...

welcome! great first submission! i really like how you use 's kin. i like wordplay like that.

Anonymous said...

(Got error message first time.)
Cogent, cozy, and creative.
Love the use of s'Kin to emphasize this unique relationship.

Wonder where oh where, you ever got the idea of trying out OSI? ;) Glad you did!

Tumblewords: said...

Welcome - I so enjoyed your take on the prompt - your clever words and deep thought!

Bear said...

The second All:
I'm overwhelmed by your kind words and welcomes.

I'll be dropping in and commenting on yours too.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

That is really neat! Welcome to the OSI group.

Anonymous said...

big bear... that is beauty in motion...