Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Meet Miss T...

Miss Teflon.

I think most of you have met Miss Teflon before... or perhaps you've heard of her.

Her full name is G. W. Teflon... that's... Getaway Withit Teflon. Or Miss T to her enemies.

You'd admire her skill as long as you're not on the receiving end.

So what is it about her that you would recognise...

She ignores advice, makes a bad decision, acts on that bad decision and stuffs up, leaving an extraordinary mess behind... AND... due to others running around trying to minimise the affect of her lack of good judgement, by cleaning up after her, by footing the bill, by allowing her to believe her delusions, by blindly accepting her futile reasoning and by not insisting that she look at what she has done... she manages to come out squeaky clean.

Oh, and in case you're wondering...




... she has a brother.



I'm not bitter and twisted, I'm just saying.

5 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

Looks more like Ms. Cast iron. I've had enough frying pans swung at me to know the difference. Teflon pans are usually aluminum therefore lighter and don't leave permanent marks. Cast iron on the other hand has enough weight to pretty well lay one out cold. I'm just happy my 16" cast iron skillet is to heavy for the wife to lift.

Anonymous said...

I've met a few Miss Ts in my time. Truth be told, I have been Miss T on occasion. But fear not - I have reformed. Now everything sticks to me like glue!!

Anonymous said...

I do believe I know a Miss Teflon and quite frankly I would like to slap her upside the head and rub her nose in her own mess but since I'm a lady I will refrain from such an act and just suck it up. After all I would probably end up on assault charges while Miss Teflon once again walks away smelling like a rose. I'm just saying.....

Bear said...

Phosgene:
Ah but it seems to me that you know Miss T better than you think... she does indeed appear as if made of more solid stuff than light aluminium, she does look like she could grasp and hold on to things like, say, reality. But under the façade we do find quite a different person to what we see.



Selma:
One positive about having it all stick is that we can then learn from it and grow. Sure it can be difficult at times, but taking responsibility is the first step of learning from ones mistakes.



Romany Angel:
Ah... Angel, that's the worst of it isn't it? One just knows that it's impossible to get through to Miss T in a way that she would come away with a renewed understanding of how the world and, more importantly, the people in it works.


(Upside the head...??? I must talk to about such an interesting turn of phrase.)

groovyoldlady said...

I competed in a cast iron skillet toss last year. I lost to a former discus thrower.

Teflon also gives off evil fumes that can kill parrots.

I know some people who THINK they're teflon, but in the end they will stand before God's judgment.