Monday, December 15, 2008

For Butch...





No matter how many times I go away, leaving you behind just doesn't get any easier.

This time, being on a mountain top in the middle of a jungle without phone, internet or message stick, I felt our separation more deeply than ever before.

What I want to say to you here is that I have fallen most deeply in love with you Butch, and this recent trip, more than any other, has affected me profoundly... it has shown me that I simply can't live a fulfilling life without you at its centre.




Missing you…


My strength is gone,

My world is dark,

I've no desire to breathe…


It all closes down,

And becomes so stark,

Come time for me to leave…


All warmth is chill,

All happiness tears,

Whenever I leave this place…


Life gives no thrill,

Eyes fill with tears,

For want of seeing your face…


I long to return,

I wish to stay,

And to have you here with me…


It's for you I yearn,

To share this day,

And give my love to thee.


Bear.



You inspire me.

You move me with your very presence and the beauty within your heart radiates and takes me into a warm and loving embrace.

I know I'm a clumsy old bear of very little brain and I struggle to find the words that express my feelings for you... but I'll happily spend the rest of my life showing you just how much I love you.

Bear.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetheart, you touch my heart and soul with your beautiful words. I am deeply and profoundly in love with you too and missed you incredibly.

Thankyou for such a lovely heartfelt poem. I am the luckiest girl alive to have you in my life.

Bear said...

...sigh.

Anonymous said...

Awwww. I am really touched by this. Wishing you both much happiness!

Anonymous said...

Oh Bear...what a beautiful and romantic tribute to your lady. I am so happy for you that you have found love again. You deserve it and I hope you and Butch will find endless happiness together. You've really made my day.

groovyoldlady said...

*sniffle*

That's just so darned sweet...

*sniffle*

Bear said...

Selma & Angel:

How fitting that you two have left such kind wishes... I know I speak for Butch when I say that we are both very keen readers of your posts and we love the fact that there are a couple of wonderful Aussies amongst our favourite writers.

Thank you and much love from us both.

Bear said...

Groovy:
And as I'm commenting on favourite bloggers, one just drops right in. You never where one for formalities were you Groovy?

Thank you for your... um... sniffles... you know they mean a lot to me coming from you.

:)

Bear said...

And may I point out to anyone who's interested. (Butch)

When a bear gets a tattoo it's not just the Tattooists needle that he has to brave... it's his thread as well.