Monday, December 1, 2008

Vote 1 Bear...




About the banner on this blog...

I really like the image and, although the original text on it wasn't relevent, it just seemed to sum up a portion of my recent life. So I thought, with the right words added, that it would make a nice banner for my new blog.

My original reason for this blog was so that I could comment on other blogs, and I had no intention of posting... after a little while I decided to just make it an image blog. But now I am writing again and of late I've felt less and less at home here.

I feel it no longer reflects the Bear that I am, the Bear that I'm becoming. I'm going through some changes now and I already see a different Bear than the one I was just a few short weeks ago. I owe someone very dear to me a very big thank you for her friendship and all her encouragement.

Thank you Butch, I love you.

Anyway, I'm not just going to pick a new persona, I'd like you to do that for me. I'd like my long list of 4 regular, and many occasional visitors, to let me know what you would like as a banner and avatar for Bear... by voting for your choice.

Now I must point out that the voting will be conducted quite democratically and above board... it's just that I reserve the right to make the final decision based on my favourite images... um... if I want to that is.

There's two voting 'gadgets' in the sidebar, so go and vote there or in comments, either way is fine, but please vote because it'll make me feel that I'm not wasting my time.

So here are the choices...


Banners;

1. What..?



2. Hello..?



3.Stay an visit a while.



4. Aura.



5. Just me...



6. Helloooo?

(There's a bit of a theme here with these two don't you think?)

7. Hide my head.



8. Journey with me.



9. From in here.



And now for the Avatar;


1. Cool Bear



2. Tubby Bear



3. Just Bear



4. Nicely dressed Bear



5. Pencil Bear



6. Aura Bear



7. Dark Bear


You may like to comment on you favourite, or suggest better wording or whatever grabs you at the moment.

The voting ends on 12/12/08 at midnight and I'll then consider my new banner and avatar.

Thank you for joining in.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair. There are too many good ones to choose from. Give me a minute to ponder, then I'll vote.....

h said...

I liked the bear in the computer. Didn't really like any of the avatars. How about a REAL bear?

Anonymous said...

I love you too my little Bear.

Anonymous said...

Sombrero bear with different text or aura bear.

Bear said...

Selma:
Well you have plenty of time Selma...



Troll:
Thanks Troll... it's not all that easy getting an avatar that says just the right thing. Yours works well.



Butch:
Sigh...



Lifepundit:
... or maybe a train with a stylish curtain 'cow catcher' on the front.



Thank you all for your input on this.

groovyoldlady said...

Sorry it took me so long to get here. Somebody filled my bus with helium balloons and we floated off over Casco Bay and I couldn't get down 'til today and then I baked 300,000 Christmas cookies so I could eat them all before I start the diet for Prevention Magazine, but the diet book is really thick, so my brain feels like it's going to explode and...um...what was the question?

groovyoldlady said...

Oh yeah...Ok.

For the banner I like #'s 6 and/or 9.

And for the avatar? It's gotta be Tubby Bear!

Anonymous said...

I think I like the pencil bear the best for the avatar and the Journey with me for the banner. I can't remember if that's what I voted for the other day or not so I will vote again if that's ok Bear.