Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goodbye...


I had an angel visit me
she stayed with me a while
those eyes of hers that made me see
the shame of my denial

resting on my shoulder there
she whispered to my fear
taking on the pain to share
"forever I'll be near"

a butterfly, a spirit free
in brightness of the day
I watched her dance with destiny
my soul her eyes did play

I had an angel on my shoulder
I thought that she would stay
she gave me life a little bolder
then she went away

her absence be a mighty blow
an emptiness in me
she did say "although I go,
I'll always be with thee"

I wanted her with me each day
to share all wondrous things
she told me this must be her way
an angel without wings



You'll be missed.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG little Bear...that is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I am going to miss her too. She is one in a million.

Bear said...

Romany Angel:
Angel... being a blogger with less than 6 commentors I always marvelled at the respect, and yes even love, that obviously flowed to you from your blog-friends.

I've roamed the blogs enough to know that yours was truly a stand out blog for all the good reasons that a blogger would want to emulate. You have something special and many people have had their lives enriched by reading you. You'll be missed.



Selma:
She sure is, and will remain so, of that I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Hey little Bear....I heard a whisper that it's your birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I hope all your days are filled with love and joy.

I hope you and Butch get to do something special to celebrate. You deserve it.

groovyoldlady said...

Gee...You almost make me want to quit blogging so I can get a gushy poem.

I never read Romany Angel, but she apparently will be missed by many. Come to think of it, I missed her entirely.

Bummer.

Loz said...

Well Said Bear, Gypsy is one of my oldest blogging friends and supported me through hard times. I too will miss visiting her blog.

Bear said...

Romany Angel:
Hello Angel, I didn't expect this and thank you for remembering my birthday... I'm touched.

Yes, Butch has organised something very special for this coming weekend.



Groovy:
I'm sure you would've liked her blog, Groovy.



Loz:
Knowing Angel as I'm sure we both do, I know she will be missing some of us as much as we'll miss her.




All:
It really is a shame to see an excellent blog disappear... especially from a pool overcrowded by some very dubious offerings.

Cheers.