Thursday, October 8, 2009

THE OTHER SIDE OF RAINBOWS...

I've developed a deep affinity with rainbows,
I can't see one now without thinking of my
beautiful darling.

And it doesn't need to be an actual rainbow to
invoke those warm thoughts...
... a rainbow of Tulips will do it.


Rainbows give me a sense of hope.
and help me to hold on to my dreams...

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are

blue, and the dreams that you dare to
dream really do come true.

I'm a romantic and I know it, but I do
believe dreams can come true.



Rainbows are beautiful...
... but they do have an other side.

To see a rainbow overhead, and to almost
feel the colours as it spreads out over
the sky fills me with wonder... but as I
look and drink in the wondrous colours,
I see that the sky is filled with heavy
storm clouds and I'm standing in the
rain.

In order to have rainbows, it must also rain.

I think rainbows reflect the colours
within our soul... and that our soul would
have no rainbow if our eyes had no tears.

When I look into your deep soulful eyes
Butch, I see rainbows, bold and brightly
coloured.

Our life's path with one another is brightly
coloured by rainbows... but that only happens
because the journey we are taking also has
its rain. If I were ever given the chance to
banish rainy days from our journey I would
not hesitate to keep them in... because the
rain is a small price to pay.

You fill my life with such beautiful colours,
Butch.



I love you, Bear.

3 comments:

Savannah said...

I wonder if your Butch realises what a lucky lady she is to have you love her so much. I'm sure she does.

There's nothing wrong with being a romantic or believing in your dreams Bear. I hope they all come true and that you and Butch find your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Bear said...

Gypsy:
Hi Gypsy, it's nice to see you here.

Butch and I are a bit Yin & Yang and therefore don't always see eye to eye, but if there's one thing we do agree on it's our deep love for one another.

We share the same journey yet we travel different roads a lot of the time. We share the same dreams but we sometimes, at different times, find it hard to keep them in focus... like looking through rose coloured glasses if you will.

But as far as the pot of gold is concerned I've already found it... it's her... when I look at Butch she's washed in colour as if at the end of a rainbow... it's tears of pure joy that I'm looking through.

Gel said...

Rainbows are glorious wonders of nature. These are lovely photos and romantic words! I discovered your blog when I had "emerald eyes" blog and then was out of blog land awhile. (Found you again when I recognized your name on Selma's blog.)

The best to you and Butch,
gel