Thursday, October 22, 2009

IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER...

Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror?
Well of course you have, but I mean really
looked at yourself... and... does what you see
depend on the mirror that you use?

If you were to look in this mirror...
...does it make you feel plain?

Or does this mirror...
...take you back to a past era?



Do you feel Italian..

French...

Loved or lovely...


Salty...


Or rustic?

I would've said it's the reflection not
the mirror that's important. It's what
you see, not where you see it.

I would've said that... until very recently
that is.

A little while ago I found myself looking at
my reflection... and it was a very moving
experience. In this case it was where I
saw my reflection that was important,
not the reflection itself.



Butch and I have been very busy and
preoccupied of late... and it can seem like
we haven't seen each other for months.
So we took the opportunity to spend
the day together without the rest of the
universe needing and receiving our attention.

I don't know how you feel about it, but I
reckon that life very often gets in the way
of living. We tend to just 'get on with it' when
it comes to work, family and so many other
commitments, that we forget to take a little
time out and reconnect with those that are
closest to us... those that we love.

So Butch and I went to a park/lake area and
had a picnic... well it was more like a liquid
lunch than a picnic, we had a bottle or two
of Champagne to share, a blanket to sit on,
a beautiful day, and each other.

We needed to reconnect, we needed
to reassure each other that the fire that burns
inside each of us for the other is still there and
as hot and vibrant as it ever was. And so we spent
the best part of the day snogging and sipping the
wine.

It was a fantastic day.

We chatted, we laughed and we kissed... we
kissed a lot... and a lot... and we told each other
just how we really felt about each other... how much
we love each other. It was truly a wonderful day.

Butch has very lovely eyes and they really are
windows to her inner thoughts, her soul.
Whenever I look into her eyes I feel that I'm
looking into the deepest reaches of who she is and
how she feels... it very often takes my breath away.
Whenever Butch catches me with her gaze, I feel a
physical embrace, I sense her passion and her
love for me. Butch communicates in a very special
way through her majestic, gypsy like, eyes.



Being in her eyes is being in her heart, being a part
of her, and it really is the safest, most loving place
to be. I feel loved, I feel safe, I feel that there is an
eternity when I look into Butch's eyes... I feel that I
want to stay there until the end of time. To be in
Butch's eyes is to be in her heart.

As we sat and gazed silently into each other's eyes,
as we communicated without words, as we confirmed
our deep and abiding love for each other, I saw a
confirmation that Butch only had eyes for me... I saw
my reflection as clear as a photo, in her eyes.



I'm blessed.

I have a special place in Butch's heart, I play a big part
in her life, I am loved, truly loved by this beautiful
woman.



Butch, it's very comforting to know that you only have
eyes for me. I love you so much my darling... and I will
for ever more.


Bear.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. I'm just going to go away and cry now *sniffle*

Butch said...

My sweet, darling Bear. I love you more than anything in the world and will remember that day for the rest of my life. I am blessed to have you in my life and I will never stop loving you.

Savannah said...

Oh Bear, you are so romantic and I loved the way you described Butch's eyes as gypsy like. She must be a stunner if she has eyes like that...tehe.

Did you draw those pictures? You are truly a Bear with many talents. You and Butch are lucky to have found each other and I'm very happy for both of you.

Bear said...

Selma:
Awww Sel... *sniffle*



Butch:
You touched my soul on Monday... you cradled my heart ever so lovingly in your hands... you caressed my needs... you fulfilled my desires and you loved me completely... you are everything to me.




Gypsy:
Yes Gypsy, Butch is a stunner... and her gypsy eyes are just one of her stand out features.

I did that sketch because I could find no image to support the post without it looking like two other people... which no one would've noticed except Butch and I, but that was enough.

I did one sketch, and then I videoed it with my HD camera, from which I took these stills, and it has made all the lines a bit bolder, which means the sketch isn't quite as subtle as it is in life... but I hope it works here.

Cheers.

groovyoldlady said...

If Mulletman and I look into each other's eyes, we usually start to giggle. :D

awareness said...

To feel that deep sense of safety you describe is a special feeling I wish everyone could feel. What a beautiful connection you and Butch have..... lovely love.