Monday, May 4, 2009

MUTE MONDAY: GUESS THE PLACE

I know I'm way late on this, but I blame confusing time zones and such. This is the;
Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne, Australia.
(My home city)

The winners;
Buzz - Great job on getting it right.
Aunty
- Excellent Tom Roberts pick up.

Groovy - Although not an MM participant, always amuses me.

This building has a wonderful history and stands out, not only for it's architecture, but as the site of Australia's first Parliament after Federation. As for the inclusion of Tom Roberts working on a painting in the building... this is what he produced;

Opening Of The First Parliament.

Thanks for playing... Bear.






































10 comments:

h said...

These pictures sing!

Happy Mute Monday!

Buzz Kill said...

This was really tough because I have never seen this building before - me being from the US and all. I'm glad you gave the hint or I never would have found the Royal Exhibition Building in Melbourne.

Thanks for sharing and Happy MM!

Jenny said...

Yikes, was I sleeping during Geography (why yes, I was!)

I don't know, but I think it's very, very pretty.

Happy Mute Monday.

Nan-Nan said...

Well my guess was Salt Lake City, because the pipe organ looks like the Mormon Tabernacle. Cool architecture photos! Happy MM.

Aunty Belle said...

Ditto troll--amazin' pics!

Aw...Buzz is too clever fer all the rest of us! But Tom Robert's painting of it is pure genius!

Happy MM!

groovyoldlady said...

OK...Groovy skipped the other comments so they couldn't give away the answer. Groovy also slept through geography class.

Hmmm. It's in Oz, eh? Well then, drawing on my superior knowledge of all things Australian, I'd say it's either "the bush" or Sydney.

moi said...

Very pretty. Not what I would immediately think of when thinking of Australia. Happy Mute Monday!

Kiki said...

Nice! I was originally thinking it was a church.

Vixen said...

*Fascinating* pictures..... I suck at guessing though.

HappyMonday!

Ree said...

Happy Mute Monday!