Thursday, October 7, 2010

When An Angel Cries...

A tear scores a line down her cheek,

As I look to my baby's eyes.

A havoc on my soul does wreak,

Whenever my Angel cries.



Her look is so open, as is her heart,

In her love I am never alone.

In distance we're doomed to be apart,

Much trouble endured on our own.




If I were a clown I would paint her face,

With colours of a happier hue.

Upon red lips, a smile I would place.

And of sadness there would be so few.




If I could conjure up some tricks,

I'd place happiness behind those eyes.

And in her heart I would place a mix,

Of love and wistful sighs.



I reach out for her soul to keep,

And as I do, I wonder why,

It was heard in Heaven's weep,

The sound of an Angel's cry.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful poem. You really have a very sensitive soul, Bear.

I am thrilled you are blogging again. I have missed you so much. It has made my day to hear from you!!!

Bear said...

Selma:
Thank you so much, Sel, I appreciate your comment so much... I'm really not sure if I'm back to regular blogging, but I just had a need to call out to the ether and what better place than here?

I've continued eagerly reading the blogs of just the few people that I felt a real connection with, such as yourself, Groovy and a few others, and I'm leaving the odd comment as I go which is sustaining my blogging appetite at the moment.

groovyoldlady said...

Well, well, well, here I am late to the poetry party. Pooh!

I have been painfully squashed between bits of lettuce and tomato in the exciting sandwich of elderly parents and young kids/grandkids. Sometimes I think I'm drowning. Even now I should be writing/paying bills/doing housework/sorting/organizing/reading to my kids/planning my next shopping trip -on my ONLY day off- with GrammaJ Oy!

Sorry it took me so long to get here and see your beautiful Bearish poem!

groovyoldlady said...

Oh Bear, Bear, Bear...You CAN know Him. He loves you! Email me if you want to talk about Him!

groovyoldlady (at) roadrunner (dot) com