Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Paper Sign...

I'm very tempted to post this sign on the
gatepost of my house...



Need I say more...?

Well yes I will say more. It makes me so
angry that I would have to even consider
doing something like that.

We live on a
street that's en route to the local rail
station, and as a result we get quite a few
people walking past our house in the
mornings.

Almost every Wednesday, MB's paper is
missing. Sure, she doesn't read it, but that's
not the point. She relies on it being there, and
more often that not... it's not.

I expect that the
person steeling the paper isn't necessarily
your typical criminal type. I guess they would
just blend in with the rest of us. Except for
the fact that this person thinks that picking
up MB's paper as they go to work is
quite okay.

Where do people get
that idea from? And I guess I'm talking
about an adult with reasonable intelligence,
but it seems, without any scruples.

I'm considering laying
in wait to catch them red handed and confront
them... with my camera. (If they're not big
and masculine and likely to bite my head
off, that is.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people are just plain unkind. I think you should post the sign. Might make them think twice about doing it. Shame on you, paper stealer.

Savannah said...

Yep there are a lot of people out there who have absolutely no scruples.

Get yourself a big mean dog and lie in wait. As soon as they head towards the paper let the dog off it's leash. I guarantee they will never touch your paper again.


I could loan you my little fluff balls but they would probably lick them to death which kind of defeats the purpose :)

Bear said...

Selma:
I am SOOOO tempted.



Gypsy:
I must tell you one day, about me and animals.

You have Fluff balls Gypsy? There are so many things I could say right now... but I won't.

groovyoldlady said...

It's probably the same sort of dude who likes to go around and destroy perfectly good rural mailboxes in Maine.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I would post the sign. It is sad that you have to. It is also sad that 1% of the people in the world make a bad name for the other 99%.