Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Sinners

Gypsy at her The Theme Park blog, has started a thing called Sunday Sinners where we admit to something on our own blog and leave a comment at her blog to say that we have done so. I liked the idea enough to actually write a post rather than hide behind images as I've been doing of late. So here is my contribution...

The Chocolate Teddy Bear Caper Of '57...

Above is a Chocolate Teddy Bear biscuit.

Chocolate Teddy Bear biscuits are made in Australia by Arnott's and have been a huge favourite of mine for as long as I can remember.


Above is how we come by them.


But as a kid, way back in the... well a long time ago... Teddy Bear biscuits only came like this;


So if it was a chocolate one you were after then you had to coat it yourself... or have a Mum that loved you so much that for a treat on your fourth birthday she spent many hours the night before coating about 40 plain Teddy Bear biscuits with chocolate so that they would be a lovely surprise at the 'kiddies party' she was throwing for you. Sigh... a long sentence I know, but aren't Mums great.

So...

When I woke up on the morning of my birthday, very early as brand new four year olds tend to do, I found this on the kitchen table...


... what must've looked, to a brand new four year old, like hundreds of my favourite biscuits.

Well of course I couldn't resist them... no I didn't eat them all, that would've got me caught. No I didn't even eat just ONE, because that would've just stuck out and been too easily noticed.

I realised, as I was one of two children and a confirmed Chocolate Teddy Bear biscuit fiend, that I would've been blamed without any questions asked.

So...

This is what greeted Mum when she got up later that morning...

Take a close look... can you see what I did...?

Being smarter than the average four year old Biscuit Nabber I came up with the perfect solution, and it should've worked. But somehow I was found out. I mean, ALL the biscuits were still there... they ALL looked exactly the same... so how the hell did Mum pick that SOMEONE, and in all probability a brand new four year old, had bitten the top right ear off of EVERY biscuit?

I blame my sister for dobbing me in... it's obvious, despite her protestations, that she snitched on me.


A close up view of one biscuit for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute story. I know what you mean about chocolate teddy bear biccies - who can resist?

Getting completely off the point - I was checking my stats a minute ago and I wanted to let you know that the Invisible Images Meme you came up with in your former blogging life has been the post of mine that consistently receives the most views. It has received 1896 views to date. To me this says you have a knack for that sort of thing. I wanted to let you know and also say' Congratulations.'

Bear said...

Selma:
And now that I'm older I've added the Tim Tam Slam to my chocolate biscuit favourites. Although it's as much the activity as it is the biscuit. Mmmmmmm.

And thanks for the info on that short lived Meme... amazing. But the congrats go to you Selma, because it's the content of that Meme people are coming to see. But it's good to know that my former self did something right.

Karen said...

I agree with Selma. That is just too cute and I have to say you had a lot of self control for a 4 year old. I would have just eaten my fill and taken the punishment.

Thanks for being such a good sport and playing along. So far you and I are the only sinners or at least the only ones willing to admit to it.

Bear said...

Gypsy:
Thanks for allowing me to play... I started off with a mild one just in case I give the wrong (right) impression about myself.

I'm sure the ball will start rolling soon and you and I might just turn out to be the milder sinners.

Janna said...

Yay! Words!

It would have been funny to have a hidden camera in there, to catch your mom's reaction. :)

P.S.
Now I'm craving chocolate AND cookies.

Bear said...

Janna:
Apparently, according to Mum some years later, in the first few seconds she couldn't figure out just what had happened. She could see crumbs but all the biscuits were there, and it wasn't until she picked one up that she realised that ALL the biscuits were missing an ear.

So you see, my plan was a good one... that extra few seconds to realise what had happened bought me more freedom. Fleeting though it was.

groovyoldlady said...

*SNORT*

Mum should have given you kudos for being so original and creative!